Friday, March 12, 2010

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep


My roommates plus Kim Anna and Kendall threw me a dance party in the crew galley. It became a little bit of a tradition for us in the month or so before my leaving. We blasted music, danced, sang, and my friends made me a cake. It was so much fun. People came into the crew galley and ended up joining the party. It was such a great way to spend my last night on the ship.

Kendall, me, and Emma
Dancing
:)


I spent my last day on the ship packing, taking pictures, and spending as much time as I could with my friends. As the hour of my departure drew near, my friends piled on my bed:

I was on there at one point too but I had to say bye to people who were coming bye. After we brought up stuff up to the lobby, Kendall and the girls presented me with a book. All my friends on the ship made me a page, then they laminated it. We all cried.
Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. These are some of the best friends I have ever had. I may never see some of them again.
My flights home went smoothly. I had a seven hour layover in London Heathrow. I have decided that this airport was designed by a sadist. I mean look at this hallway:

What point could such a hallway have?

Anyways, I read the book from my friends in the airport and fought back tears. I checked my email, I napped. It was a nice time.

On my flight over the Atlantic, I looked out the window and saw the ocean. It brought back all sorts of memories of sailing. Those were amazing times, and it was fun to think about them while I flew home.


I arrived in Denver to my parents and balloons.

2 comments:

  1. A) Your parents are adorable
    B) We miss you very much
    C) Way to display your love for Mercy Ships by still wearing the logo : )

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue shirt you are wearing in that first picture. You are cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete