Friday, December 4, 2009

Another one bites the dust!

A mass exodus of the Africa Mercy has marked the end of the outreach in Benin. This has included many of my friends and roommates. This tribute blog will be a little longer than usual.


Lisa



Second weekend in Benin, at the Stilt Village.





You were my very first Mercy Ships friend! I already miss your humor and wit and honesty. I really always got a kick out of it. I envy your sense of adventure and courage to explore Africa. You definitely helped me to be more brave, and I hope that I can continue to do so. Thanks also for inspiring me to apply for grad school again! Good luck in medical school! You'll be a great doctor!



Megan





By the Starbucks Cafe.

I really think you are amazing. You are so much fun, so funny, and just all around cool. Although I didn't get to shadow you much, my times getting to do so are some of my favorite memories. You have a way with people, and especially children, that makes therapy with you fun, rather than painful. Thanks for your support with my grad school application, and thanks for being my friend!








Dinante



Pre-foot incident at Possotome.

We had some wonderful talks, you and I. I remember so many times of sitting back in the living room and talking about Dutch food and what we would do with our lives and our days and everything. And you are so much fun! I loved spending time with you during our weekends in Possotome and Gran Popo. I am so excited for how your life is changing, so you had better keep me updated!



Kelsey


The best night of sleep of our lives, at Grand Popo.


Oh man! You are so fun and funny as heck! I have all these memories of Africa that will have your voice narrating them! Our night watch time was awesome. I truly enjoyed talking to you and hearing your heart about life and nursing. I also felt inspired by your willingness to jump into the adventures of Africa as they came up. Thanks for everything!


Annemarie


Annemarie helping me to laugh the pain off after my foot got crushed in Possotome.





My very first bunkmate! I already miss your laughter and joy! Also, your AMAZING humming ability! Thank you for teaching me Dutch and not laughing too much at my lack of ability. I am very happy that you get to see your niece and your family and your wonderful friends! Thanks also for the weekly quotes! I'm really excited to read them!





I miss all you women so much! Thanks for making the first part of my time here wonderful! God bless all of you!

1 comment: