Saturday, November 14, 2009

I didn't watch you go cause I suppose I don't know how

So sad about Katie leaving!


Benin vs. Ghana football game

Well, bunkie, this is the tribute I didn't want to have to write yet! What can I say that can adequately express how wonderful living with you has been these past few months? You are such a great friend, an amazing woman, and and awesome person all around. I've been truly honored and privileged to get to live with you, and it has made this first part of my Mercy Ships experience truly great.

Blue Steel!

Setting sail!


You are one of the most hilarious people I've ever met! Our late night times of hysterical laughter are definitely some of my favorite memories! Maybe our roommates didn't like them, but I just think they were jealous because we were having so much fun!

Ouidah!

Costume party

I also really appreciated being able to talk to you about anything and everything. You were always very honest about stuff and gave me good and wise advice. I will miss being able to talk to you. Deck 8 will never be quite the same with you gone!


I will always love this photo. It couldn't have been planned better!

Packing away. :(

Our berth is not the same without you. I have to say, the additional space is a little overwhelming. Having the bottom bunk isn't worth you not being here!


My first zimmy ride ever, after the concert. I'm glad it was with you!

WHAT? They scored and we MISSED IT?

I loved having adventures with you! You are always up for fun times, and you definitely helped me get out there and do things that I would not have tried normally. Thanks for that!

Our last Mercy Ships picture together! The lady in the background kept rubbing me with her sweaty arm and nearly crushing my toes with her cane.

I miss you, my friend! I'm praying for your next adventures, and I'm going to ask people who read my blog to pray too. (In case you all didn't get it, that was me asking.) Thanks for everything! We will talk soon!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Sweetest tribute blog EVER!!!!! I miss you bunkie, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and just because our time with MS together has come to an end doesn't mean it is the end... many more self-protraits and adventures are just waiting to be had!!! :) Much love to you and know that you are in my thoughts and prayeries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tribute blog, sis! I love you!

    ReplyDelete