Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank you clarity

Happy Thanksgiving!

I never really cared all that deeply for Thanksgiving as a holiday until now. Always before, it was just a stepping stone to more interesting holidays, like Christmas. But today I feel so proud to be an American. It is such a lovely holiday. To take a day and thank God for all the good in your life? What a wonderful thing! Naturally I have to work during dinner time, but I'm not the only one. My friend Bonny Jean is saving a bunch of food and the two of us plus several other girls are having a family style dinner tonight after the community meeting, which should actually make the day a little more authentic.

One of the preparations for the sail is that they are using the harbor generators now, rather than the generators we have been using for the earlier part of the outreach. We are always supposed to use harbor generators while in the harbor, but they are so loud and cause so much vibration that they would make surgeries impossible. Thus, we have been using the other generators, that I assume are meant for the sail. An attempt was made to insulate the room with the harbor generators, but it failed. This is why they were not used during the outreach, and why as I type this, I feel the floor vibrating my chair. It makes for some interesting waves around the ship though.

Anyway, I mostly wanted to just say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and to let you all know that I'm very thankful for your prayers and support in my life.

I will leave off with a picture of my roommates and I all dressed nice for the President's dinner:


2 comments: