Tuesday, February 9, 2010

. . . this song of hope . . .

We are arriving in Togo tomorrow morning. It has been a pretty good sail. I thought I would illustrate the highlights of the sail using passages from the Bible, via biblegateway.com. So here we go:

"so pursue them with your tempest
and terrify them with your storm"
Ps. 83:15

"Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me."
Ps. 42:7

The first couple of days of the sail were very rocky. On the sail to Tenerife, we rocked 15 degrees at times, and we thought that was pretty impressive. On this sail, there were a couple of points we rocked 25 degrees. It was epic.

"I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."
Ps. 9: 2

A group of us girls had an impromptu worship night on Deck 7. Though battling seasickness and fatigue, we raised our voices to God. It was wonderful.

"He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.

They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven."
Ps. 107: 29-30

The last days of the sail have been pretty calm and peaceful. I am so excited to get to Africa again, and I'm also having fun seeing it through the eyes of my roommates who haven't yet been there. Though my time in Togo will be short, I'm looking forward to seeing what God will have for us there.
Please continue to pray for the elections in Togo! After those are over and the potential for strong reactions by Togo citizens has passed, we can focus more on the outreach.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have pictures of the 25 degree rocking? That does indeed sound epic! I'm glad that you are almost there....and coming home soon! I really hope that you enjoy the rest of your time there. We will definately try to meet you at the airport. Just let me know when you know what your arrival time is. There is only a small, small chance that we wouldn't be able to make that happen. Very small :) I love you, sis!

    ReplyDelete