Sunday, October 18, 2009

But you're gonna have to hold on


This week has been really hard on the ship. There are a lot of sick people, including my beloved bunkie. I felt sick too, but for different reasons. One of our security guards was hit by a motorbike while running in the morning so he is in the hospital. A large group of people left on Friday night and had to come back because their flight was canceled, thus leaving our overworked hospitality staff with the quandry of where to put them. Overall, people seem really discouraged.

Please pray for healing for all the sick and hurt people and a restoration of morale!

On a lighter note, I'm going to Ghana the last weekend of October. I'm very excited to see the country whose citizens call "the promised land." It should be lovely.

I don't have much to say besides all that, so I thought I would post some pictures.




The beach at Ouidah


The Point of No Return for slaves leaving Africa



Something that the Cotonou port should probably remove. Also the future "Grey Mercy" which you can ask me about if you really want to know.



Guess what most people here drive. Come on! Just guess!




Back of the ship




Down the dock.




Hole in the wall. If someone could just photoshop my finger out of there, it would be a pretty cool picture. (Hint hint)

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis! I just got caught up on all your adventures. A lot has been going on since I left! I love you and will keep praying for you and the people you are with and working with on and off the ship. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUNKIE!!! :) thanks for requesting prayer for me!! I am sorry I have been such a lame friend over this past week... literally. We need to have a good night of fun, filled with smores made in the microwave and a good flick! hmmm... and NO boys! ;) let's make a date.

    ReplyDelete