Thursday, October 1, 2009

I, I want to wish you well

One of the hardest parts of living on a Mercy Ship is that you get really close to people very quickly. Then they leave. So you make wonderful friends from all around the world, and in a relatively short period of time, they leave. And no matter how close you were, you may or may not see them again. Ever. So I am going to strive to commemorate the departure of at least my roommates, because it's sad.


Lauren: (The one on the left. The one on the right is Michelle!)

I only knew you for a week or so, but I'm sure we would have been fast friends had we actually hung out. You seemed fun.

Sonja:



You are so sweet, and you have a gentle spirit. I really appreciate how you would always tell me about what you learned in church and how you engaged with God about it. You're great, and I'll really miss you!

Irina:


Our relationship defies explanation. And I think that's okay. You are remarkably sweet, and also you're really fun and crazy. I will not miss getting hit so much, but I will miss you and all the fun we had.

1 comment:

  1. I like your "toast" to your friends. :) I am sad that I won't get to read your blog for two weeks!!!!!! (4th-18th). LOVE YOU, SIS!

    ReplyDelete