Monday, September 14, 2009

I seek to cure what's deep inside


Highlights of working here so far:


1) Many many MANY accents. It's like a miniature UN, but not evil and bent on world domination.


2) All my roommates being awesome.


3) The smiles of the children on the street as they call me "Yovo!" That must be the first word they learn here, as many of the children who have called me that look to be about one.


4) The knowledge that if I go anywhere in the world, I will probably have someone to stay with.


5) The hilarious moments of trying to explain an English word to someone who is speaking English as a second language.


6) Being a part of something so much bigger than myself.


7) Serving those who serve others.


Sorry if the last two were sappy. They are still true though.
*Thanks again to PJ for the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment